Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone as an Agent?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoDoTo

Technical User
Sep 22, 2004
GB
Hi all

Is it possible to use IP Softphone in Telecommuter mode in an agent scenario with a login and skills so calls can be tracked on CMS?.

We have a site with just exchange lines and no switch.

SoDoTo,

You can use IP softphone to login as I have done it and used that method. You can use Feature access codes to login and go available.

Give it a try...

Thanks,

Wildcard

SoDoTo and Wildcard,

Yes you can use IP Softphone with the feature access codes, the problem I have found is that the buttons (Auto-In or Aux for example) Don't stay lit so the user isn't always sure what state they are in.

Wildcard - have you found a way around this?

Phonegirl27,

You are correct... it is a bit weird using the toggle picture phone option within the IP softphone when dealing with call center functions.

A way around it is tell the agent not to use it. Always listen for confirmation tones when changing agent states using the feature.

Using CMS, you could export a real time html report that agents could go to to check their state....

Thanks,

Wildcard

Has anyone used IP softphone on Citrix? Or do you have to have a specific version like IP Agent for Citrix?

cheers

Yes, you must use the IP agent for Citrix version. The regular IP agent on citrix or the IP softphone will not work. Actually they would work, but only 1 person at a time. If you attempt more, the software will lock up.

The version I used for Citrix is: IPAgentR606476citrix.exe

Then there is also a patch: IPAgentR606476citrixsp.exe

You can download them at support.avaya.com.

Remember you must have the software RTU's loaded on your PBX.

thanks,

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back