Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone and Hardware 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

T3l3phony

IS-IT--Management
Jan 8, 2004
CA
Can someone tell me if a MedPro Board is needed to run IP Agent / Softphone? We currently have 25 IP Agents running on an S8700. We have 4 IP Softphone licenses. I checked the list of boards we have, and I see nothing that refers to a MedPro TN 2302. I do have an IP SERVER INTFC TN2312AP board however. We are trying hard to get the IP Softphone to run in Roard Warrior Mode and it will not. We connected IClarity to log the session and it seems to stop at H.225 every time. I have read through all of the forums on here, and have run through all of the suggestions with the Codecs and such. We have set up the H.323 station and added it to the station form of the phone we want to log into as.

The Softphones seems to connect, it will show that we have voicemail, however we cannot make any outgoing calls, and when someone tries to call our extenstion while in Road Warrior Mode, it goes right to voicemail.

We have no idea where to go from here!

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

T3l3phony,

ip softphone in telecommuter mode will work if you have a tn799 c-lan circuit pack in your switch. road warrior mode requires tn2302 circuit pack if you have scc/mcc/g600/g650 gateways but if you have some g700/g350s around you might as well use them instead of tn2302. the essential here is that road warrior is 'pure' ip telephony and so it requires voip compressing resources on the switch. these resources are provided either by tn2302 circuit pack or internal voip media resource in g700/g350 media gateway.

Here is a question....... Not sure if appropriate or not for this posting.
We dish out IP soft phone for travelers that vpn in from the road as well as certain IT personell or overseas agents that need to work from home for example during inclement weather or time of day for support.
One guy called me last night able to log in but not answer calls nor make calls. As well he could not log off properly.
He is running XP Home Edition on his home PC. Something is telling me there is a conflict with the XP he is running on his home system and the Avaya Soft Phone. His extension is built in our PBX accordingly and no one else seems to have this problem.
Have any of you run into this before? Most other users that get it in our company are runing on laptops or PCs that were ghosted here in our dept. They are using XP pro, 2000 pro.
thx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back