Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Softphone 2050 "License Server Not Available" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyThirteen

Vendor
Nov 1, 2007
US
A few weeks ago, I installed License Server software for a customer who purchased 2 IP 2050 Rls 3 licenses. I installed the License Server software on the TM 3.2 PC, which is always on and connected to the network. It is installed as a service. Got the keycodes generated from KRS, and installed them to the license server. Went to the user's PC, installed the softphones and they worked fine.

Now the customer is reporting that twice since then, he has started up their softphones and got a message stating "license server not available".

This customer is network savvy, so he went in and stopped/restarted the license server, and the problem cleared both times. He also says he can ping the TM PC while the phone cannot connect.

Anybody ran across this problem before, or have any ideas?

Thanks in advance.

Are you running the latest (3.02.0045) version of the 2050?

Not sure the version. The customer ordered the CD's only a few weeks ago and I installed from the CD, so I would think it's the latest.

The latest version requires a license server. Our vendor sells the licenses at about 10 dollars a pop I beleive. Basically I setup a machine and had our vendor install the server and licenses. I assume you could install the server yourself but you have to pull the keycode for licenses down from Nortel's site if I remember correctly, so if you don't have a Nortel login you are out of luck. Once that is done you need to go into the softphone setup and add the licensing server ip address.

Altayan,
I have installed the license server and downloaded and instlalled the keycodes. I then installed the softphones and created a profile which contained all the needed parameters such as the license server IP address.

They worked fine the day I installed them and then a few days later, the user came in to work, fired up his softphone, and it said "Licsnse Server Not Available". He then tried to Ping the IP address of the license server and he could ping it. The phone just couldn't see it for some reason. He RDP'd into the license server PC and stopped/restarted the license server and that cleared the issue.

Post if the latest version "IP Softphone 2050 Release 3.02.0045" works.
I have the same problem. The release I'm presently using is "3.00.0197".

I am running the latest release on as well as beta versions.

No issues at all. Keep in mind, the software is always available on the web. This allows you to stay current as long as you have the licensing on the back end.

--
Fletch

Nortel Emergency Services PLM

Check out this month's E911 Talk podcast at Nortel E911 Talk Podcast

Ok I did confirm with the user that he is on 3.00.197. I will get him on 3.2 in the next day or so and see if that clears it up. Unfortunately we may not know for a week or so, because the problem only happened twice in two weeks. I will post the results. Thanks for everyone's help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back