Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP SoftConsole audio problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

ronfitz1

MIS
Nov 4, 2003
US
I have an S8300 media server with about 150 IP phones (4620's). The attendant is using IP Softconsole in Road Warrior mode with a USB headset. The application is running on a Windows XP machine.

They are having intermittent audio issues (application can't access audio device or soundcard in use by another application even when nothing else is running).

Anyone heard of this before or is it just an inherent iClarity issue?

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

I've run into this as well - seems as though it clears up just by restarting the application. Not sure what causes it.

My suggestion, if possible, would be to load a machine with nothing but WinXP and IP Softconsole and see if the problem occurs. If not, start loading your companies programs on one by one, testing after each install to see if it is a specific app that may causing the issue.

We've been running IP Softconsole with the same setup with no issue.

I have 15 users running IP Agent (for a year) and I have some people who get those same error and some dont. Fingers point to PC. Running Dell GX240's with W2K. Sorry not a solution but I feel your pain.

Hmmm - we're running a Dell SX280 for the console. I wonder if it's the soundcard or drivers?

I think I'll try the upgrade to 1.5.2 first and then investigate the drivers. Thanks for all of the input.

ronfitz1..... What did you do to solve this problem?

ronfitz1..... Still hoping you log-on and see this and pass on your solution to this problem. Thank you

mlobby, What king of headsets are you using?

I only use plantronics DSP-400. It is foldable which is nice for people who travel and only cost around $58 each.

mlobby - So even the AVAYA headsets cause problems! We are using Plantronics DSP 300 and GN Netcom DSP types and get these errors sporadically. Now Plantronics is telling us to use the DA55 adapter. It is the USB side and then you use a headset. We have implemented these in some of our offices and the manager side the problem is gone. I cannot vouch for that because we still use the DSP 300. What does AVAYA say? You are using their product.

I believe that the AVD100 is the same as DSP-100. Plantronics makes the headsets for Avaya.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back