Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP SOFT PHONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

NLC43

Vendor
Aug 3, 2009
US
I am working an an S8700 desk phone works if she is logged into her softphone but after logging out the extension still showes the ip softphone port. I am unable to edit this field to change ports. Any sugestions would be great.

You can try to busy her station. That would allow you to modify the fields.

Not to hijack this thread, but this is in the same vein. I use the IP Softphone feature (road warrior mode) with my desk phone all the time as I "telecommute' or work at different location about 2 days a week. I find that when I log into my softphone the display on the desk phone disappears as the softphone assumes the identity of my desk phone (I believe this is normal). However when I log out of my softphone, it consistently takes 45-60 minutes for the display on the desk phone to return.

Is this normal, or how can I speed up the process? (This ususally isn't an issue as I can't be in two places at once, but it is annoying when I sometimes use the feature from a conference room on the other side of our building which is only a couple of minutes walk from my desk.

I had Avaya apply a software patch to fix that issue... "Extension losing hardware port issue...after using softphone " It took months for them to create it. But they finally did.

Wildcard

This happened to me too on IP Softphone 6.0. If you close IP Softphone using the X in the upper right corner the IP port hangs with 6.0 on our S8700. When I Exit and Close IP Softphone under the File menu I've not had the hanging issue.

Yep..... the big issue is I have multi locations, no station port issue defaults the station to the all ars table... forwarding would stop working as it was trying to route out the main site instead of the remote site.

Also VPN's would drop... Users would lose the hardware port. It gets real old when you have several hundred IP softphone office / home users.

If you exit out of the application properly it would hold the port.

Wildcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back