Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP server change

Status
Not open for further replies.

MAJBlaine

IS-IT--Management
May 20, 2002
US
I am transitioning NNM from one manchine to another. At one time when NNM was installed on a machine, whatever IP address was on the machine at first, you were stuck with it.

I need to install NNM 7.0 on the machiine, move over my scripts from the old box, power down the old 6.2 machine, and change the IP address. Is there a process to change the IP address after NNM is installed?

Platform: Windows 2000
App: NNM 6.2 to 7.0

Thanks,
Blaine

I think you will have to contact HP or your Openview maintainer to get a new license key issued, the license is tied to the ip address of the nnm server.

I believe you have to get a new licence as part of the upgrade to nnm7. Licensing seems to have changed with version 7. Depending what licence you have with 6.x you are entitled to NNM7 starter or advanced edition with varied numbers of managed nodes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back