Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Routing

Status
Not open for further replies.

drcobb

MIS
Dec 3, 1999
US
I installed sp4 and have had routing problems ever since. I have 6 Novell NW5 servers. Three (3) are at one local site and three (3) at three (3) remote locations. I can communicate fine with everything except for a UNIX box that is sitting next to one of the Novell servers. There are 3 segments on this LAN at the main site. The server that the users connect to is now routing through the e-mail server (Novell) We had 2 Intel NIC's using the E100B.lan driver prior to the sp4 upgrade. Have tried the CE100B driver and receive the same results. Have put in 2 3Com cards with the same reluts. This is very puzzleing. Any suggestions. I am about to go crazy.

When you say you cannot communicate to the UNIX box within the same LAN, does that mean both ways.&nbsp;&nbsp;That is the UNIX box cannot ping the Novell servers and the Novell servers cannot ping the UNIX box.<br><br>If that is the case, try pinging the Novell servers from a client and do the same for the UNIX box.<br><br>If the PING to the Novell servers fail, then your TCP/IP NLM or configuration has been corrupted.<br><br>I had something similar happen when I installed BorderManager 3.5 on a NW 5.0 SP3 server.&nbsp;&nbsp;I just copied the TCPIP.NLM from the original media back to the SYSTEM directory and recreated my TCPIP settings on the Novell server and after a reboot, all communications were active.&nbsp;&nbsp;I then recall obtaining a TCPIP update from Novell's site to manually patch up the NLM to SP3 level.<br><br>The other thing to try is to downgrade one Novell server to SP3 and see if it communicates with the UNIX box.<br><br>I'm assuming you also did a reset router on all Novell boxes after the SP4 install and also restarted the TCPIP services on the UNIX box.<br><br>&nbsp;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back