Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arklite

Technical User
Dec 3, 2004
GB
I have to change the ip addresses on a remote Port Network.
Can anybody advise a correct procedure.As I fear that once
I change the IP addresses on the IPSI boards I will lose connectivity to the Primary sever and not be able to complete the administration? So I think I will need someone at each location to complete this task successfully.

Are you changing the subnet? If you are just changing the address, but keeping on the same subnet, then this is not too complicated.

Correct I am not changing the Sub Net
OK!
So I am onsite and I have to change the IPSI address
the clan, medpro and val board.
Then finally I will connect to the MBS pair and change there config.
When I do this I will looose my connection to the promary server. I am hoping I will have acess to the data LAN and that has visibility of the primary server, cos if not I will not be able to change
the ip-interface, node names or the IPSI fields as there are no Analog lines at this site.
would you agree my process above?

Since you are on-site, this makes things a little easier:

***You will definately need access to Communication Manager to complete the switch***

1. Busy-out the ipserver interface
2. change the ipserver interface to the new ip-address
3. via the services port, change the ip-address of the IPSI
4. Reset the IPSI
5. Ping the new address from Communication Manager..if no ping, double-check the IPSI settings
6. Release the ipserver interface
7. Status the packet interface...should say "in-service" within a few seconds

Your CLANs and MEDPROs can all be done from CM. That's the basic process...let me know, and I will respond with the exact details if needed.

Thats great!
I will be carrying this out in a week or two.
I just have to make sure i can gain access to the CM once the first address is changes. I wanted to be sure I had the process right.

thanks again have a nice day!

You can actually change the IP address of the IPSI remotely too! That's why I asked if you were changing the subnet. Since you are keeping it on the same subnet, this is pretty easy to do remotely:

1. From your media server bash prompt enter ipsisession -p <current ip address of ipsi>

2. Telnet to the current IP address of the ipsi.

3. At the prompt type in ipsilogin, etc...and set the control interface, reset the card

4. Verify the new address by pinging from CM

5. Administer the ipserver interface

**Have someone on site that can physically reset the IPSI just in case.

Hope this helps!

Hi there

I have been trying your info for the remote option but this first command is unknown to bash ?
bash: ipsisession: command not found

Is this cmd available on CM 2.2 ?

I think ipsisession is a 3.x and later command. You might try telnetenable -p <ip address of ipsi>. I believe that was the pre 3.0 command to accomplish this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back