Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Polycom sets after upgrade to 5.5 on CS1000

Status
Not open for further replies.

np6179

Vendor
Nov 7, 2008
US
We've recently upgraded several of our sites to 5.5. After the upgrades there are two IP Polycom sets that just sit at the firmware download screen after booting them up. They are at two separate sites and were working when we were on 4.5. I've tried programming them as 2033 and 2004p2 (which is what they were on 4.5) and neither works. I noticed that there are no basic IP licenses in the switch. Does anyone know if a basic IP license is required for an IP Polycom set? If not, what might be causing this? I've verified that the correct firmware is on the signaling server in element manager. I would greatly appreciate your feedback and thanks in advance.

Nicholas Platt
AT&T Global Business Systems Southeast

when this happened to us, we were forced to upgrade the firmware on those sets via a separate TFTP server like Blue Pumpkin or TFTPD32 (both freeware)........You will need to do this if you are pre S18. In our case, we were at S10 firmware. If you are S18 or higher, it can upgrade from the sig server.

hope this helps, it is from memory........even if the exact numbers are off, you get the idea.....

rob

Great info. Do you know if 3CDaemon would work?

Nicholas Platt

Thanks...I'll try it out as soon as I get a chance.

Nicholas Platt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back