Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phones no voice 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

lcs226

Technical User
Apr 22, 2008
US
Found an interesting problem today and have not been able to fix it yet. Wondered if someone else has encountered this?

Site 1
BCM50
Digital sets
IP Phones

Site 2
I2004 sets

Site 3
I2002 Sets

All connected via Cisco RVS4000 routers with VPN's from site 2 & 3 back to site 1.

You can call from site 2 to site 1 or vise versa no problems. Same as calling from site 3 to 1. When you call from site 2 to site 3 everything works execpt you get no voice audio at either end. This happens with intercom and voicecall calls. It seems that you only get audio if the call comes through site 1 BCM. Paging works OK, conference calls between sites OK. Also calling between sets within a site works OK. Only problem between sites 2 & 3. I am at a loss.

Thanks.

For the voice to get through on ip sets you have to make sure you have a direct vpn connection between sites 2 & 3 also because once the call is established, packets go directly from phone to phone. The BCM is out of the picture.

We see this all the time.

Thanks for the tip.
A configured a VPN between sites 2 & 3 and all is well.

Many Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back