Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phones cant reset

Status
Not open for further replies.

sgas5420

Technical User
Jun 18, 2009
US
I have many 4600 IP sets,and i cant reset the IP parameters on them.None of the mute features work,i do not get a * to reprogram them after a reboot.I have downloaded the latest 46xx file.Is there anything iam missing?Thanks

I always thought the 46xx phones used hold not mute. so hold clear#. or hold reset#

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

How is your 46xxsettings.txt file administered?

Local Procedure Access
## Controls whether local (dial pad) procedures can be
## used to administer telephone.
## 0 for disabled (All users can access local procedures.)
## 1 for enabled (No user can access local procedures.)
## CAUTION:Be absolutely sure before setting PROCSTAT to 1
## SET PROCSTAT 0

Do you have PROCSTAT 1?

Is this just one phone or all phones? If it is all phones then you need to check two places.

The first place is to make sure that it is in the text files for HTTP and TFTP under local procedure access settings. If it isn't you will need to change it then save.

The second place is under change system parameters IP options and on page 3 under services dial pad parameters change download flag to yes and clear password. Now I'm on 4.04 so this is where my setting is.

change system-parameters ip-options Page 3 of 3
IP-OPTIONS SYSTEM PARAMETERS

SNMP PARAMETERS
Download Flag? n
Community String:

SOURCE ADDRESSES
1. 4.
2. 5.
3. 6.

SERVICES DIAL PAD PARAMETERS

Download Flag? y
Password:

Restrict Local Procedure Access
## Controls whether local (dial pad) procedures can be
## used to administer the telephone.
## 0 means local procedures can be accessed from the
## telephone.
## 1 means local procedures can not be accessed from the
## telephone.
## CAUTION:Be absolutely sure before setting PROCSTAT to 1
## SET PROCSTAT 0
This is how my file looks.The wording is confusing.0 is disable,and can use dialpad.1 is enabled,but cant use the dail pad.So this must be the problem.Ill change to procstat 1 and let you know.Thanks

Set PROCSTAT to 0 and PROCPSWD to "" (actually put in the two double quotes). This will reset the phone security and give you the "* to program" prompt again.

Just press * instead of mute and that should allow you to change the settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back