Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

IS-IT--Management
Jun 14, 2004
US
How can I get my IP phone to talk to IP office at my work? I have 4620SW and IP412. Phone is connected to my home router and has a private IP on 192.168.2.0 subnet, while IP office is on corporate network behind the firewall subnet 192.168.1.0. I have an IP extenssion in IP office and it works from the office. Thanks in advance, George

What kind of router? I have the same setup with a Linksys router capable of VPN. I have tunnel created and it works great.

I am sure it does. I have 3com and it does not support vpn tunnels directly for it self but it will alowe VPN pass through. Can I set a vpn on the phone or make IP office public on the internet?

George

You must use a vpn-tunnel to your work, then it will work.
Change your router with one that can make a vpn-tunnel to your work.
And also you need something at your work where you can make the vpn-tunnel to.
So if you are going to work at home talk to your reseller and let him no your needs and he must make a solution for you.

Greets Peter

I understand. I am more on networking side and know about tunnels. It was more convenient if the phone can create the tunnel it self instead of buying the router that can do this. that is my point of view. Thanks for your tip

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back