Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone Total Search time after network outrage

Status
Not open for further replies.

AramHowe

Technical User
Dec 29, 2003
US
Dear Sir

Does anyone know how long IP Phone will continue searching for available CLAN during the network outrage? I found if the network switch was down for 2 hours, all of the ip phones would stop searching CLAN until reset.

I may not have any idea about what I am going to suggest but it is in the back of my mind and I will be interested to see if anyone can tell me if I am even close.

Try setting VLANTEST=0

Usually there is a number from 1 to 900 or something like that. I think it signifies minutes that the phone will continue to contact the DHCP server. If it is set to 0 it will not realize it reached a time to quit hunting. I basically doesn't know when to stop.

Rick

Hi Rick

Thanks for your suggestion, acutally, VLANTEST already has been set to 0, but which only can force the IP phones to stay on the voice network segment instead of registering on data segment, the phones still can't auto recovery if the network downtime is too long. Any other ideas? Thx.

Has any test the below parameters in ip-network-region can make the sense or not? The similar paramter also can be found in change system ip-options.

H.323 IP ENDPOINTS RSVP Enabled? n
H.323 Link Bounce Recovery? y
Idle Traffic Interval (sec): 20
Keep-Alive Interval (sec): 5
Keep-Alive Count: 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back