Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ip phone survivalablity

Status
Not open for further replies.

rdogg88

Technical User
Oct 18, 2012
US
Hi all,

One one of our remote locations currently has pots lines and use that to make/receive all calls, every other site uses 8300s. They don't have an 8300 cause its just 2-3 phones. Now I'm being asked to install one there, I would much rather like to just put some IP phones there and have them connect back to one of our main cpus and use the PRI there. The only issue is if the network goes down and they loose connection, the phone becomes a brick. I did see that NEC makes an add on for the dt700 that will allow it to use the pots lines as a backup which is great, but is there anyway to make the IP phones use the pots lines for 911 and everything else use the PRI at my main site? I have LCR setup for this but I don't know if that addon can be programmed. If they were to dial 911 it would route through my main sites pots lines not good cause po po wont show up at the right place. I'd really hate to have to burn anther 8300 for 2 phones. Thanks in advance for any input :)!!

-----my knowlodge is a mile wide but an inch deep...gotta keep diggin-----

Jeez way ahead of us about 14 hours. Are there any other commands I need to look into?

Not for what CLID is sent but your carrier has to allow that CLID to be sent from that service! In OZ we can't send anything that isn't in the indial range but I believe that may be different in the USA. 5005 sets the prefix and is seen as a table. 1213 says which table the extension refers to and 1212 says what the last few digits are. but the easiest way forward is to set it up and test what you get when you ring your mobile from the extension you have set up!

O yea right sorry, I Misunderstood, yea our carrier allows to put out our own CID. I literally can make it anything, that's why I referred to those commands

phadobas thanks for the idea, I got it to put out the CID that I wanted, I tested with my cell. I programmed in a Pots line number from one of our other sites to see if the 911 center would get the address that correlates with that line, they got the main tenant's address. I then realized I forgot to change the route for 911 and it was calling out on the main tenants pots line. I changed the route to go out over the pri and still no luck, they got the main sites address again. Back to square one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back