Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Phone Phone Book

Status
Not open for further replies.

megglesfield

Technical User
Aug 8, 2003
KH
In the config file for IP phones there is an entry for storing phone books on an FTP server;

[STOREPHONEBOOKS]
EnableStoring=YES
FTPUname=Telephone
FTPPword=Telephone

The instructions in ALEX do not however contain sufficient information (for me) to get this operational. These are:

The header [STOREPHONEBOOK] is used to store the telephone's local phone book on a central FTP server. One identifier is used:

EnableStoring: can be set to YES or NO . The default value is NO .
The FTP server must be located on the same IP address as the software server.

I assume the directory is on the FTP root of the software server. Is there a specific file name or directory that must be used?

Hi,
I use a virtual directory called Ericsson under default FTP site. This directory shows to local path I have to defined.

BR

This is a FTP server dependend setting, ie you can select a specific virtual directory for a specific FTP user.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
What You See Is What You Get
Never underestimate tha powah of tha google!

megglesfield,
You may fing all the instructions in ALEX under INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS for DBC 425.

In short (copy/paste)
1.The Phone Contacts are stored on an FTP server located on the same server as used for software server. The stored file will be loaded from the FTP server when the telephone is registered to the gatekeeper/SIP server.
The name of the file consists of the extension number to the user with the file type .txt example: 67609.txt

2. When using Windows® IIS as the FTP server, right-click on My Computer , select Manage to get to Computer Management . First the user identity and password has to be created:
?Expand Local Users and Groups
?Right-click on Users and add a new user. Enter Telephone as user and password
?Disable "user must change password at next log on". Enable "password never expires".
?Click on Create and the close

Then the directories have to be created:
?Expand Services and Applications
?Expand Internet Information Services
?Create the directory where the Contacts files shall be stored, call the directory Ericsson
?Select Default FTP site
?Right-click and select New
?Select Virtual Directory . Enter Ericsson to point to the physical directory to use. Enable read and write as access permission

3. Make sure that the user Ericsson has access rights to read and write the Phone Contacts files on the FTP server.

regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back