Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP phone and desk phone to use same extension 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

thep

IS-IT--Management
May 6, 2011
US
i have avaya ipoffice 500 and manager v7. i have office phones connected to 66 block.

i want to use ip phones for users working from home few days a week and want them to keep the same extension as at their desk phone and home on the ip phone but without logging out or anything. also when it rings i want it to ring on both phones.
not sure if this is possible but if it is can someone guid me to the direction? what settings i would need to modify in the manager?

The "using the same extension number on two phones without logging out of either" will not work.

No, you can't do this, but you can get close. The IP phone MUST have a unique extn number...but you can twin them so they both ring when their main office phone is called and both will display the extn number of the office phone :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

I would use the phone in the office as the primary extension number and the remote ip phone as the twin.

Me too.
Twinning is the only option this way.
But logging in is much easier.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Thanks guys. i guess ill either use twining or login and out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back