Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Partner what do you think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

merlinczar

Vendor
Sep 27, 2008
US
How are we liking the new IP Partner? stable? ease of installation?
do we like it?

not installed or played with it but the features are to low end to be really useful.
Voicemail is very low end way less features than the Partner Messaging
The price is the same as for "real" IP Office except if you keep the Partner phones but in the end you want the IP Office working as an IP Office and saving a few bucks will not make you happy in the end as you have to then spend the money on new phones AND new modules

Joe W.

FHandw., ACSS

insanity is just a state of mind

Have not installed it yet. For those clients that insist on something simple like the Partner or need to expand an existing Partner to add phones and don't want to switch systems I would try it.

Comparing prices, I don't see any real cost advantage to pushing the Partner version on a new system. If the situation came up I would try and use the 1400 series phones so that if they do ever go to a real IPO they won't need to be replaced.

Done two now. They are fine. Only used analog trunks though not PRI nor SIP.

Most programming is exactly like a Partner and can be done from the set. The VM is IP Office R6 embedded so expect that.

Kyle Holladay
ACA-I, ACA Call Center, ACS-I, ACS-M,
ACE Implement: IP Office
TIA-CTP, MCP/MCTS Exchange 2007
Adtran ATSA, Aruba ACMA

"Thinking is the hardest work there is, which is the probable reason why so few engage in it." - Henry Ford

How many partner phones can you run on the IP partner?

This is the amount of phones you can connect:

Based on these configurations the PARTNER® Version system will scale to the
following capacities (may not be attained simultaneously):
48 Stations:
• Up to 18 ETR Stations
• Up to 46 Digital Stations
• Up to 48 Analog Stations
56 Trunks:
• Up to 12 analog CO lines
• 1 PRI/T1 (24 lines)
• Up to 20 SIP lines

Homo sapiens non urinat in ventum