Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP-PAD Time

Status
Not open for further replies.

donporter

IS-IT--Management
Aug 6, 2004
US
The time on the switch is set to the CallCenter worx computer so when the time changed I did nothing. But the IP phone show the time without day light change on it.

Is there an easy way to change the time on the IP phone or IP-pad card?

I don't know of a way to set the time on an IP Dterm, unless you have multiple IP-PAD cards, or you are using IP phones off of remote pims. So do you have multiple IP-Pad cards, or are you using Remote Pims?

I'm assuming this is an SV7000 or IPX as the small system can't be linked for update of time (to my knowledge at least), so.....Is the IP phone the only one showing wrong? Have you tried resetting the phone? was the IP phone time different before the change?

If I remember correctly you can set the time according to the location number but never having to change one I would have to find out the method. So if the above doesn't help, post back.

Local IP-PAD to a 2000IPS system one FP
The time was right on both before. Now the time is wrong only on the IP phones.

Reboot is an option but it would be afterhours maybe 11:00pm. I just don't like to reboot if it is working.

Have you restarted the IP-Dterm, to see if it will correct the problem? Where is the switch located (US...), what revision is the PBX and what revision is the IP phone at?

You need to check the location number of the IP dterm. CMD 1239 if it is not set to 00 then it thinks it is somewhere else. The time can be varied according to the location number using CMD 6710 data is A0015 to A2345 to advance the clock in 15 minute steps or B0015 to B2345 to retard the time.

If the location is 00 in 1239 or the location is set to none in cmd 6710 then try resetting the phone and if that doesn't work you may have to reset the system.

CMD 1239 is 00
and 6710 is none

I guess it is a reboot that I need to do.

Thanks

Log the phone out and then log it back in. This will force it to update the display from the MP.

It occoured to me today that if you are on R12 software you may have a spurious schedule set for daylight saving. The problem is finding out if you have. Are there more than one IP Dterms and are the others right? Try Cmd 02 de 3 de as this is the new command that shows the displayed time rather than the time set on the system. I don't have a really up to date manual at home so I can't give you the scheduling Command numbers at the moment but if memory serves me right the schedule is set in cmd 43 and the link to the schedule from IP dterms is in 67 but I can't be more specific without checking the books.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back