Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP PAD Card

Status
Not open for further replies.

sos2715

Technical User
Jun 30, 2003
US
NEAX 2400 IPX

I have two IP PAD Card that need to be set to FULL DUPLEX 100MBps.

We upgraded our Cisco Core 6500 Switch and after the upgrade the two IP PAD Cards are showing errors in our core switch. Error is that they are not set to Full Duplex. It's not causing any problems but they are showing errors every second

Does any know the MAT Command to view the network setting for the IP Pad Card?

Thx,
S

Looking at the IP Pad card it looks like I need to pull the card to change the switch setting correct?

Look at command "ADTM" on the NIC tab you will see the Speed and Duplex Mode.

I thought ADTM shows the speed of the Main or Primary NIC located at the bottom of the PBX near the power supply.

This doesn't display the IP PAD Card(s) settings

Your right, Sorry! take a look at "ALIDL" you will need the LEN location of the PAD Card.

Thanks for the ALIDL command. That command shows the IP PAD card settings but you can't view or change the speed to Full Duplex like ADTM command

Change SW02 to a 1 - the is the wheel below the LED's and dip switches at the front of the card.
Here are the possible settings out of the manual.
(MODE)
0 × Automatic Negotiation ON (Standard Setting)
1 100 M full-duplex
2 This setting is prohibited.
3 10 M half-duplex
4 100 M half-duplex
I have put in a quite few of these and even though 0 is the standard I have found that 1 works better, and always have the data switch port locked down at 100 full.

Thanks for the information

Do i need to power down the card to toggle the switch or can i do it while it's powered on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back