Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Wan Port 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

bigjohn8210

Technical User
May 26, 2004
GB
Can any one tell me what equipment do i need to make use of the ip office's Wan port on the unit. What does the wan port support etc. I HAVE A 403 With 2.1 and anologue trunk

Typically a router that can accept a v.35 connection, ie a more expensive one. If you're planning to throw voice around your WAN you'll need VCM resources also. If you're cust is small enough to use analog trunks chances are they're going to be using an adsl or cable broadband connection, which normally will use an ethernet interface.

Not that you CAN'T get yerself an expensive v.35 capable router for an adsl application... just not typical.

Peter

I have this setup at home for training purposes i also have a 3mb cable connection. If i got the v.35 capable router i guess i would need some type of call supplier over the internet. do you know of any.

No, I thought you were looking at connecting two IPO's. There are certainly VoIP vendors, but from what I've heard they all want you to use their voip fxs gateways (boring). Let us know if you find a vendor willing to supply h.323 trunks directly to the IPO.

Peter

PS You can connect your cable modem to the LAN ports on the front of the IPO and not need a v.35 router. You do have a VCM board in your 403 right?

We use the WAN ports to connect IPOs to Adtran CSUs terminating point to point T-1s or Internet ones if we feel lucky.

kflounders
What model # Adtran CSU do you use to terminate the point to point? And what is the approximate cost?

It is about 300 bucks or 460 Quid for you funny talkers. it is the Adtran TSU ACE I think, I will post the part number tomorrow for ya. Don't forget the $65 V.35 to 25 pin cord from Avaya though.

Thanks for pointing me to the TSU stuff.
Although in my 1998 adtran catalog I don't see a TSU Ace.
There are 3 "TSU 120" that have a v.35 interface.
And there is "T1 CSU Ace"

We do not need any voice services over this US point to point T1 so we are looking for the most affordable model.

Thanks for your help.

700213424 - Avaya V.35 to 25 Pin Cord - $77
1202295L1 - Adtran TSU ACE Second Generation - $460

You could use the T-1 card for the IPO, but that would cost more. As for the cost of the Adtran, I don't know but I would guess that you could get a different one cheaper. I have had 0 issues with these units (50+) so I say if it aint broke don't fix it.

I am trying to connect an Ip412 to a 403 VIA a WAN link and having problems. Can you connect two IPO VIA and PTP T1? I have a free T1 card in each unit and also have the WAN cable, Avaya has demanded i use the WAN cable but from reading some other posts it looks like you can ust the PTP. Any ideas?

If you would like to connect the systems via point to point T-1, you can either use the availible T-1 cards in the system and use QSig, (No VCM Needed)or the Wan port. To use the WAN port all you need to do is connect the point to point to the Adtran unit mentioned above and come off of that unit with the WAN cable into the WAN port of the IPO.

Going back to the T-1 cards, if these are both in house, you will have to use a cross over (12-45) cable. If you want to still use SCN with the T-1 cards you will have to have VCM cards and set up a Service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back