Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office vs NEC SV8100

Status
Not open for further replies.

oldtimers

Vendor
Jan 16, 2007
GB
Hopefully someone can help me with this, I would like to know how you feel the NEC SV8100 compares to the IP Office.
Now I know alot of the differences but would like to know how you guys feel about it, whether it's a worthy competitor or not (with examples if possible)
Many thanks

James

try calling your local Avaya reseller and ask them to compare.... ive never touched the NEC SV8100 - only the XN120

We sell them both. They are comparable price wise and that is about it. We have customers who buy systems because the handsets look good (sv8100). The IP Office is quite a bit more flexible. The patch panel/patch cable installation is a big difference. The voicemail system in the SV8100 leaves a little to be desired as well. The IPO voicemail pro is configured through a drag and drop interface with variables and results to carry you to the next action. The SV8100 is pur menu after menu with a few special features thrown in. They are both very reliable systems. I still prefer the IPO, well actually Cisco. ;)
Shawn

nec cti applications, e.g. softconsole, tapi require a tapi server. IPO applications run direct to the pbx.

ipo give you more tools for fault finding.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back