Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office vs ECLIPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

gshaheen

Vendor
Apr 22, 2001
US
I installed an IP Office system last year and had alot of problems with it. It would reset almost every day, among other issues. I spent nearly 2 months trying to work out the bugs in it and we finally gave up and ended up replacing it with a "standard" type phone system.

My purpose here is not to complain, but to see if the product "Reliability" has improved significantly. We are a small interconnect and we cant afford to have unstable products in the field. From what I read in these posts, it seem the product still has a ways to go in terms of 99.999%" reliability.

Any input on this?
Has anyone worked with the Larger Eclips IP system? How does it compare to IPO in terms of reliability and support.

Thanks!

We have over 150 IPO sites on maintanance ranging from single 401's to 412'2.
apart from a few recent issues with the DT16 module most problems we find are down to programing erors or user missop.

IPGuru-

What types of problems have you had with the DT16's? I have a DS30 with an odd issue that Avaya has said I'll have to deal with.

DT16 module have a problem where exts on the last 8 ports run Slooooowly (5 - 6 sec to recognise a keypress!)
this has now been fixed with 1.4(25) firmware

I have a 406 with 2 DS30 modules and the 4400 series telephones do not properly play the DTMF tones through the handset or speaker. However, they are interpreted properly by the telephone system and the PSTN. It's really more of an annoyance, because I don't like to sell a client a $40,000 phone system that doesn't sound right. Interestingly enough, the 6400 series phones work correctly. They (Avaya tier-3 tech support) say that the problem is that the DS modules run at a higher frequency and that the 4400 series phones do not play them properly. They say since the problem does not affect system operations, I'm going to have to deal with it. I hate to tell my client that.

If they had any other system they would have had to buy brand new handsets $$$

Take them out a couple 2420s peolpe seem to like them and the work on V1.4 and 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back