Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office VPN Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrisnewage

Vendor
Aug 28, 2018
US
Can anybody recommend an economical VPN router for a single VPN phone application on an IP Office 9608

Another vote for SonicWall. Had it's problems in the past and has changed hands a few times, but it's alot better now.

ACSS (SME)

I have had great luck with SonicWall as well. I have a client with a Juniper router that constantly locks up and has to be rebooted for users to reconnect. I would personally stay away from Juniper, but others may disagree. The SonicWalls seems to just work.

I was actually wondering the same as the OP - as ASA's for a few phones are too pricey.

Is there a specific SonicWall that you guys are using?

Thanks.

We use the TZ400 and up, depending on the internet speed and other requirements. All of them run the same OS so they are configured and behave the same.

ACSS (SME)

We use Cisco ASA 5506 devices at the company I work for. They are a little tricky to program but once you get the hang of it, they work pretty good.

I have several clients going over Fortinet VPN tunnels for voip calling. Just get your policies and DHCP options correct.

A budget fortinet firewall would be a FGT50E

You can probably use something much cheaper like a ubiquiti or microtik but I have never played with those.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back