Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Voicemail stops working for all users

Status
Not open for further replies.

inherited-systems

Systems Engineer
Nov 7, 2023
US
I've inherited an Avaya IP Office system and am having trouble with voicemail. I admittedly don't know very much about this system but I'm doing my best until I can get another solution in place. Version of IP office, as best I can tell, is 9.1.11.0 build 202. The voicemail server is running on a Windows 2012r2 VM.

As far as I know, this system had been working up to recently and now when someone receives a call it just never goes to voicemail. Endlessly rings.

I'm watching the SysMonitor and I see a few repeated errors that I'm not sure are related:

vcm dsp packet routing errors, invalid IP address 0xc0a8fea0

TI VCM: DSP core corresponding to ip address 0xc0a8fea0

I've searched these verbatim but havent had any luck. The IP address for the voicemail server is correct and has not changed, neither has the IP of the Avaya system itself. I can restart the service in Windows and it seems to work for a short time then stops again. I'm honestly at a loss.

When you say it works for short time.. Is is about 2 hours then it quits? What does your licenses show in Manager?

All licenses show valid in IPO Manager. As for how long before it stops working again, I'm not totally sure. The only real indicator I have is testing it at random intervals or a user reports the problem. It is at least failing once a day, and probably much shorter than that.

Anything change on the network? Changes to Switches, Routers or Firewalls.

I would be looking for a duplicate IP address on the network. I have seen that exact symptom before. VMP will work fine until the other device steals the IP. Reboot and it works for a while and quits.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

Do the licences show in Voicemail Pro. Connect the Voicemail Pro to the voicemail server and select Help | About. It will show details of the licences it has obtained from the IP Office system if the two are connected.

Otherwise, check the IP address of the voicemail server PC and the IP address set for voicemail in the IP Office configuration.

Also look in IP Office System Status.

Working for a short time, is, as has already been said, a licensing issue.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Looking in Voicemail pro, Help > About, this is what I see.
IP Office = (shows correct IP for the device)
Server OS = Windows Standard

Distributed mode = none
3rd party database = unlicensed
Voicemail = 0 ports
TTS Generic = 0 ports
TTS (avaya/scansoft) = 0 ports
TTS Professional = 0 ports
UMS = 0 seats
VB Scripting = unlicensed
VRL = unlicensed
VPNM = unlicensed

Well there's part of your answer. The voicemail server isn't getting any licenses from the IP Office, so it is stopping operation after 2 hours.

Key area to look is the License section of the IP Office configuration.

As per another thread, if you've set License | Remote Server with Enable Remote Server on, then you need to reserved the voicemail licenses that you want the system to use.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Remote server is not enabled. I show 4 instances of valid 'Essential Edition Additional Voicemail Ports' licenses that never expire. Some other licenses that dont appear to be related to voicemail show here as well, all valid that never expire.

Well there you go...Essential Edition isn't Preferred Edition (a/k/a Voice Mail Pro).

You need a license.

Essential Edition Voicemail is hosted directly on the IP Office unit itself and only does basic mailboxes, while Preferred Edition (Voicemail Pro) allows you to connect a VMPro server to it for voicemails and IVR flows.

What are all the licenses you have listed in Manager?

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back