Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office/Voicemail Pro Emergency close situation

TN94z

Technical User
Apr 15, 2010
US
I have a customer that has their main DID coming into IP Office. It checks their business hours and if within, it routes to a Voicemail pro call flow. From there it has 2 options that each ring to 2 specific phones. I have never messed with variables or anything like that. Is there a way for the user to call in and change the call flow to route calls to their after hours numbers in cases of inclement weather, for example? Or if they simply want to close early one day. We normally do the early close by putting hunt groups out of service, but this particular site does not utilize hunt groups. So it got me thinking of a way they could call in and change the route? I know of a way for this to happen as is, but they would hear the AA first.

I have set this up many times. Usually I create an unannounced option in the AA that directs to a weather toggle mod protected by a pin. In that mod it checks the current condition of the weather variable and announces it. Then points to the option to 1 turn it on, or 2 turn it off. Then read back the current condition. Reading the condition before it hits the main AA can redirect it to the closed AA.

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I would do it with a hunt group (without members) you set to OOS. Good thing is, that you can set it as a button on the phones as well.

Check those instuctions:
Almost the same way you check the HG status in your call flow you can define the HG status. So as budybird said, you can create a hidden AA option to set the HG status. If you like you can also password protect that option (general tab in every action).

IP Office remote service
IP Office certificate check
CLI based call blocking
SCN fallback over PSTN

So basically I would create the generic action to look at the new hunt group with no members, That would in turn point to the Variable routing actions that I assign for each number. Then I would take this and put it between the Start Point and Menu within my current AA module? After adding the out of service buttons to the phone, they would control the status of the hunt group, which would lead to the desired action within the Variable action?

If you use the Hunt Group service mode to control routing the calls, also create a VM module to change the group's service mode, and give it a separate DID from the Main number. You can use a hidden option on the AA, but if incoming calls are all being forwarded, you would have to return to the office to switch the forwarding off.

Using hunt group service mode is a good option, as you can add a NS button to a phone and toggle it manually if desired, and you can see the status visually.

@TouchToneTommy....yes that is something I would like to try as well. This would be beneficial in an unexpected snow day situation. What is needed for a module that would change the service mode?

It could be easier via the User Defined Varibles in VMPro, which could be manually swithced through Short Code, you could eventually associate a vocal prompt when confirmed the action even if you don't have a visual check of the actual status.

From Auto Attendant, dial **3637 to reach Emergency Mode module (also have a DID to reach it)
Hear current Service Mode, input new Service Mode, hear new Service Mode, change again or disconnect.

Service Mode set to Night Service (mode=2) calls go to Answering Service instead of Auto Attendant

Emergency_Routing_x7atn1.jpg

@TeamSherpa....what would be the process for User Defined Variables? I have the Check hunt groups status working currently, but having the option to dial in and change would be great.

@TouchToneTommy..I think I could make that work if the User Defined Variables are no easier. Thanks!

@TN94Z, User Defined Variables are "arbitrary" text or numeric variables you create your own, just as an example: You create a User defined variable called "Am I hungry?", it means the the variable control matches "TRUE" only if the variable has the exact value you WILL define in it later, that should be easy to understand.
The next step is to place wherever you need in the call flow the module "Check the User Variable" and (NOW) you will set the value corresponding to TRUE, as an example YES
THEN, via short, in "SET THE USER VARIABLE" you can create TWO different actions to make the variable goes ON/OFF, you'll choose that variable and assign the value you need, just as an example YES, in the first one, and NO, in the other one.
You have now just created the switches, it means that depending on the short you dial you will have effect on the call flow.
Please note that the "Check user variable" will give you TRUE only if it matches exactly with the value specified (YES, in the example) and, viceversa, will give you FALSE for any different value you have set, like:
NO
NOT at the moment
yes (non capital letters)
just a little
numbers
and so on

Hope it helps

@IamaSherpa....I follow it all with the exception of seeing a short code feature to "Set the User Variable." Sorry, I'm very new to user variables...

@derfloh....got it. When he stated "via short" I thought he meant via short code. I knew the user variable was in Pro and checking the variable.

@TN94Z, as per derfloh reply the acion is not in the IPOFFICE but in the VMPRO, it means that the short code has to match to an existing starting point in the VM,
Example:
In VMPRO you can create 2 new modules for "Set Userd Defined Variable" called Sunny_Days and Rainy_Days, or ON and OFF, whatever you prefer.
Then in the IPO you can create the corrispective shorts like *711/Voicemail Collect/"Sunny_days"/0 and *712/Voicemail Collect/"Rainy_Days

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back