Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office using numerous languages 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BullDog54

Vendor
Aug 21, 2012
US
IP Office Rel 8.1 - Can IPO play different MOH and Different languages based on the AutoAtt menu selection?
For example:
Press 1 for Spanish> Caller then hears the AutoAttd Greeting in Spanish, all the standard Voicemail prompts are in Spanish and a Spanish MOH is played for the duration of that call.
Same thing for French, German,etc.
Thanks

This can be setup in voicemail pro without question. If you are inquiring about embedded that may be trickier and my guess (have not tried it) is it would not work exactly how you wanted it to. I don't think you can select 1 from the auto attendant to get a new language. However, I know on the incoming call routes you can specify a locale, so I am assuming you could assign certain DIDs for certain languages. Again, I have set up this exact scenario within voicemail pro and know it works like that but embedded you are probably looking at making some compromises to get it to work.

Thanks for your response
If I used Voice Mail PRO- I assume I would have to purchase licenses for the different languages?
Also, the different Music on Holds for each language, would those be loaded on Voicemail Pro or on the IPO?

No license for additional languages. The system prompts are already installed on the voicemail server and custom prompts would be placed on the voicemail server.

you can setup different MoH's for different groups so the transfer from the auto attendants to certain groups would result in the selected MoH to play.
You would have to transfer each option to a group with a user forwarding to the different auto attendants then it will work with embedded as well.

Joe W.

FHandw, ACSS (SME)

"This is the end of the world, make sure to buy your T-shirt before it is too late"
Original expression of my daughter

Star for Westi did not remember you could change it through a group

but, if you want system prompts to play in different languages you need VM pro, I believe.

The only place you can fiddle with locales in embedded is on incoming call routes. This will affect the system prompts. But if you attempt to do it anywhere else (unique MOH, AA's, hunt groups etc), the system prompts will stay with either the default locale, or whatever is chosen in the incoming call route.

If you want more than this, you need VM Pro.

Do you want a separate DID/DDI for each language? Or do you want languages as options of an AA, and you want system prompts as well associated with this, then you need VM pro. If you just want unique MOH, and customer recorded prompts, then embedded might do it. You just need to follow the callflow through to every place it can end up and find out if you're going to hit system prompts somewhere.

GB

Many thanks to everyone
Excellent answers!
I will let you guys know how this progress's
Thanks Again!

I've found that if you don't install all the languages with VM Pro, then adding them later doesn't work... I had to uninstall VMP, and reinstall with the relevant languages selected... This was at 8.1 something IIRC...

After that, it works fine...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back