Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office upgrade from 9 to 10.1 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty_IT

Technical User
Feb 13, 2017
CA
Hi All,

Back again with another problem. I upgraded our last site from IPO 9 to 10.1, now while the majority of the upgrade went well, I had a small hiccup when applying the license. I kept getting a error 405 - not allowed error. I was able to correct this when i changed my network connection from wireless to wired. So now the system is working, but I have several warning popping up that i can't seem to clear.

1) voicemail files are not present on IP office for locales: Mexico (Spanish) and US english. This is for item type System, user and incoming call route.

I've tired to add them, but keep getting the same 405 error​

2) i want to turn off the login and voicemail password/pin enforcement but the warning pops up stating its required and i've shut off the enforcement on the security settings general tab.

Set the IP Qddress for the file server to 255.255.255.255
Enable http & https in the security settings.
Then when the licenses are loaded add the VM locale files

forgive my ignorance but i don't see a "file server address"

i see TFTP, HTTPS, under the main system tab.

Look again at the bottom of the System tab just below the time settings

Thanks, Under the Time settings, I see File Writer IP address and AVPP IP Address. I was able to get the VM locales added. That error was getting created as the network port I was using was... for lack of a better term, messed up. So those error are now gone. but I have no doubt that your solution would work as well.

The login complexity requirements still remain however. I've checked my other system, and although they are on 10.0 the same objects are unchecked. I didn't anything in the release notes for 10.1 that would indicate a change for this option. Any thoughts on that?

I believe the login complexity settings are in security settings

ACIS-SME
ACSS-SME
ASPS-IPOCC
CCNA

Hi IDOIPO,

Yes they are, under security settings - general Tab, the IP Office User Details. I currently have that unchecked, and yet I'm still getting warning about the enforcement.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back