Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office time change

Status
Not open for further replies.

TELECOSYSTEMS

Vendor
Dec 27, 2006
US
Ip office is using VM as time server. VM time is correct but IP office has not been updated.When does the IP office send the time request? Thanks.

Check your SSA.... it should show when your last time update was... or if it is working...... you may want to verify your pointing it to the right place..... and make sure Manager wasn't open when your VM Pro service started as only one will work last time I knew.....

A genius doesn't solve problems, he prevents them~~!!~~

When on a VMPro server manager is open and the VMPro services is restarted then Manager is the time source.
Even when it is closed.
So restart the VMPro service without Manager open.
Then try again.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

And IP Office updates time once a hour, every hour after the last reboot OR if in manager timer server settings are changed.
So if you last rebooted IPO or updated time settings at 11:43 then the next time update will be at 12:43 etc.
Did you run the firewall script on the VM server?

Thanks, Manager was open last time I reset VM. I changed my time server to none and programmed from a phone, changed back to VM time server and will do a reset before the next time change.That should fix the problem, right?

Why not just be sure that there is an IP route to your gateway, and use a SNTP server?

This is my first IPO and I'm still learning the product. Could you elaborate on that TTT.

If you want to use an external SNTP make sure to set up the DNS as well.

A genius doesn't solve problems, he prevents them~~!!~~

Make an IP route of 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0/192.168.1.1(or whatever the default gateway for the network is)/LAN-1

Time Setting Config Source: SNTP

Time Server Address: 132.163.4.101

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back