Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office System Status Login Attempts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sys85

Vendor
Jul 12, 2012
US
For several months now our production IP Office System is being continuously attacked by a hacker trying to login to the system admin and VoIP extensions. We have a strong passwords, but it is still troubling me that it is continuous. In the amount of time for me to type this message almost 50 hits on the user password for VoIP phone and 3 attempts on the system admin. The system admin one provides the remote IP Address which I am unable to ping. Any suggestion on how to stay ahead of the bad guy?

Use a proper configured firewall between IP Office and the internet or don't connect to the internet at all.

intrigrant, I have a couple additional items for your understanding. We have a small office, am an Avaya Business Partner, running latest IPO R9.1.6, Adtran Firewall, NO Session Border Controller, using 7 SIP Channels for Inbound and Outbound Service. Have to be connected to the Internet.

Have to be connected to the Internet

Not directly you don't, it will work through NAT, and then it's invisible from the internet so you wouldn't have any hack attempts at all.
If you're an Avaya Business Partner you should already know all this, so I don't know what you're posting this for in the first place :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back