Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office SVR 8.1.69

Status
Not open for further replies.

nbfd731

Vendor
Feb 10, 2010
US
Hello again

I have a issue that I'm look for direction that I can get to the root cause of this error...

I have a Primary and Secondary server running @ 8.1.69
There are 8 IPO 500v2 FW @ 8.1.69 at various sites for local DT and Analog extensions
The network is a MPLS
All Voice sets are IP based sets.

Issue:
Each site with a control unit will throw a Incompatible or invalid SD card fitted: System,ipoServiceAlarm. The site will alarm be random and the site will always be generated between 00:02 and 00:05 hrs. The day of week is random as well when the issue gets generated. A reboot will not clear the issue. Nor will just removing the SD card and reseating. I must flash the SD card to remove the error.
(Note on the environment We found a issue with the grounding and in the processes on repairing it) But due to the issue is all CU sites I do not really think that's what is causing it.

What has been done
Re flashing all SD card of the IPO control units.
Replacement of the SD cards.
The control units have NOT been replaced due to the time when this happen and that all CU site are having the issue. The Primary and 2nd server has had no know issue @ this time.

I would like to blame this on the network but I have no meat for the there IT staff to chew on. As mention other then the time There IT staff has stated nothing is schedule to run @ that time.

Now to my questions.
Can something on the Network broadcast to the IPO that would damage the SD card? If so what and how could I trace it?
If I have 8 bad CU is there a trace in monitor I can or should be looking for? What setting would I want.
please send me anything you can think of were running out of Ideas........

Thank you in advance.

ACSS SME

Hi nbfd731,

I have seen this sort of error single site installs, and on multi-site installs, not seen it on a Server edition install with IPO500V2 expansions yet, but in all cases when we have upgraded the system to Rls9.0, the alarms have disappeared, so in my experience, it has always been the IPO software.

Are you able to involve Avaya ?

That is the best I can offer you. Good luck finding the issue :)

Cheers Dave.

Instead of just recreating, format then recreate.

I always reformat then recreate

Avaya ticket has been open already prior to dropping on Tek-tips. It keeps on happening and Avaya has not found anything as of yet. I loved to understand a new ave to look for in the trace. All there traces I gave them but I always don't understand what they pick in monitor.

thanks for your responses

ACSS SME

Check if the option "memory commands" is turned on under services.
If that is the case you must be able to see errors or messages in the trace with the SD card.
Do you see them?

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back