Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Software FP2 SP2 11.1.2.2.0 build 20 released 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

BFG9K

Systems Engineer
Aug 13, 2018
AU
Just saw that Avaya have put out the latest release of 11.1, anybody have any details on what's new? Doesn't seem to be a bulletin but about it yet.

Cheers,
BFG9K
Avaya IPO/ACCS Technician
Melbourne, Australia

@BFG9K, I don't think there is a compelling reason to update.

There is a list of resolved issues, but honestly, I don't think I have any of the issues it resolves anyway.

It is great to have a lab system to test this stuff on. If this were a production system, I would have had a couple heart attacks today.

Once I have a bit more energy, I will try the upgrade again, to see if I can replicate the issue.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS VERSION if you guys using Media Manager
Avaya T3 replied to me there is a bug for voice recording file writing to partition1

1st bug: Media Manager no record found
2nd bug: After reboot, the drive mount is gone

But the release notes say this:

3 Known Issues
There are no known issues in this release.

Posts like this are the reason I don't have 11.1 on any systems I work on. Not worth the headaches.

Anybody got trouble uploading .wav with the file manager?

Release notes say issue got solved with uploading .opus/.wav. After uploading i just get an error saying "Failed to upload files".

If it was up to me Id still run R10.1 it was decent. I stayed away from R11.0 for a while but it seems to finally be use able. R11.1 is just a disaster and should be avoided like the plague imo.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

I don't understand how avaya can GA this stuff with this many issues. It seams like there is not any QA testing to make sure everything works.

Were these releases this bad a few years ago with IPO R7,R8,R9 or is this a new thing since R10?

AvayaRed said:
Were these releases this bad a few years ago with IPO R7,R8,R9 or is this a new thing since R10?

I remember R8 had an issue with firmware cloning MAC addresses and bricking phones (dont remember exact versions). Beyond that I don't remember anything life changing and it has been a consistent mess with R11.1. R11.1 has had more releases that you can't even use then I ever remember even pulling some they were so bad. It begs the question are they intentionally making the releases this bad or are they really this incompetent?

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

@Kottv: I have the same problem in my hardware based SE - IP OFFICE IS UNUSABLE: RUNNING IN VIRTUALIZED ENVIRONMENT IS NOT SUPPORTED, SysMon declares the machine as Virtualized (but it's not !!!), anyone else had the same issue?

I am also running SE on physical hardware. I did not have that issue, but I had other issues that also made it unusable.

To fix, I went to platform mode, updates, and reverted IP Office back to the previous release of 11.1.2.1.0 build 3.

I reverted my HW server to 11.1.2.1.0 build 3
SR is open in Avaya support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back