Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office SoftPhone - solutions to problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

AnonymousP

Programmer
Dec 23, 2009
RO
Solutions for different errors:

Error1: “No such user.”
Problem: User does not exist
Solution: When you login, you login with the User Name from User | User | Name, not Extension number nor Full Name nor SIP Name!

Error2: “Invalid Password”
Problem: The password is invalid.
Solution: When you login you use the the password from User | User | Password, not Login Code! Verify you inserted the password correctly.

Error3: “Login in Progress, please wait” stays for a long while followed by “Your login details do not match out records. If you are a new user you will need to create an account”.
Problem: You do not have connection between IP Office and PC.
Solution: Try to ping the IP Office to see if it exists connectivity and then try again!

Error4: “Login in Progress, please wait” stays for a short while followed by “Your login details do not match out records. If you are a new user you will need to create an account”.
Problem: You do not have enabled SoftPhone HTTP Provisioning.
Solution: Go to System | System and tick “Enable SoftPhone HTTP Provisioning”!

Error5: “User can’t use softphone”
Problem: The user is not a Power User / Teleworker user.
Solution: Go to User | User | Profile and modify to Power User or Teleworker User.
Resolution2: If the problem persists than verify the “Enable SoftPhone” is ticked (User | User)

Error6: “Hotdesking not configured for the user”
Problem: You do not have a login code.
Solution: Go to User | Telephony | Supervisor settings | Login Code and insert a login code.

Error7: While you try to make a transfer you receive: “Sorry, Transfer cannot be complete”
Problem: Call waiting is not switched On.
Solution: Go to User | Telephony | Call Settings and tick “Call Waiting On”.

Error8: The SoftPhone looks like it is logged in (“Enabling accounts. Please wait…”) but an error appears: “All accounts failed to login….. Click Here to retry”
Problem: You have an IP Trunk (SIP / H323 / SES line) to that Computer!
Solution: Go to Lines in Manager and verify you do not have any IP Line with the computer on which you have the SoftPhone!

PS: If you find other errors please post them numbered to be easier to make a reference to it!

Thank you,
P.

Help me to help you! Helping each other makes us stronger, smarter!

Strange that Error 6 and Error 2 don't check the same thing....that's avaya for you :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"What the Crocodile Hat....was that?

when you login with SIP SoftPhone you use the password not the login code.
So when you login, first it checks if the password is valid and then it checks if you have a login code (in order to hot desk!)!

(I might be mistaken, not completely sure)

sip extension registers using the LOGIN code not Password:)

Softphone uses neither, even if you have a login code set you can't enter it or the connection fails, it needs to be blank even though one exists :)

I will repeat myself!!!
IP Office SOFTPHONE USES as a password the password NOT THE LOGIN CODE!!!!
The other SIP Software Extensions use the Login code as a password!
I thought you all ready knew this! :)

TheTaker, please check and try again! :D

We should do, I got rather excited and just got in there, and when I went to get the docs the site was down as it still is :)

I was luckier and took everything from their website! I like this SoftPhone and that is way I decided to help others to use it!
I'm 100% sure I can help everyone with whichever problem they have (related to SIP SoftPhone, of course :) )!

P.

My SIP softphone does not work, what is the problem;)

You are :)

ACSS - SME (IP Office)
ACA - Implement IP Telephony -- ACA - Design IP Telephony
ACA - Voice Services Management

f*, i was afraid of that answer.

regarding softphone : STAY AWAY FROM IT if you plan to use it on remote locations.

I have only see it work without any problems using G.711 on a gigabit switched network and proper setup VLANs using a dedicated LAN port on the PC.
In any other case there are problems and i can know as i do techsuppport on IP Office from release 1.0.0.0.and some more numbers.

I am really curiuos if the new V6 SIP softphone will make a difference.

That's what we are talking about(R6)....at least I was :)

Intrigrant, it is not a sip softphone!
You do not need any sip or ip license for it, only poweruser or teleworker license.

ACSS - SME (IP Office)

I remember that quote from recently tlpeter :)

Sssst, don' t him, he will use it against me :)

ACSS - SME (IP Office)

Ah I did not read that this was about the "forbidden to talk about" new softphone.
I thought these discussions are meant to do on the NPI site if it is freed from hackers....

Error9: "You're Hacked"
Problem: Website shows strange undressed women.
Solution: Get a good Firewall, and never use the default passwords

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged

So.. I've had this happen a few times.

Error6: "Hotdesking not configured for the user"
Problem: You do not have a login code.
Solution: Go to User | Telephony | Supervisor settings | Login Code and insert a login code.

And they've already had a password set, which was 1234.. When they get this message, I just clear out the password under their account, retype 1234, save config. And then it works... wtf..

Also, if user is a member of a support Hunt Group, and they log into their softphone, I wish there was an option to select what Hunt Groups to log into. The only thing I can find is to create a custom button and have it dial the shortcode for Hunt Group Enable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back