Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Soft Console

Status
Not open for further replies.

steeljim

Technical User
Jun 21, 2010
US
I have a IP Office with all IP sets... they get their information from Lan 2 172.16.2.102 Lan 1 is the default 192.168.42.1 I downloaded the soft console to my laptop and set my laptop to 172.16.2.150 ... the console app is not seeing the ip office? I cannot ping from my laptop to the Lan 2 but I can ping the Fax server on the same network.. I can also ping from the VM pro to my laptop but again not from laptop to VM Pro? If I connect Lan 1 to my pc and change my pc address to 192.168.42.2 the console works.... what am I missing?

Your missing some info about your network like subnets and gateways, it can't be a simple flat network that Lan 2 is connected to, if it is it's screwed (the network that is :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

The system is in the test lab with a POE switch thats not configured

If the systems LAN2 is on the address you say and it's connected directly to a switch that you are also connected to and in the same range it doesn't matter if the switch is configured or not as out the box it will work like that. If you can't even ping it either you have a route in the system that's breaking it or something on your pc is blocking it, the fact you can't ping two things means your pc is the common factor :)

NTE-wave-logo-for-a4-header.jpg

Sure you have the right IP settings on LAN2?

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

I turned off the firewall on the VM Pro and I can ping that now... is there a firewall built in the IP Office? I see multiple firewall prompts but not sure which one I would look at to allow the pc address to connect

Only LAN2 has a firewall

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back