Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office SMDR Output 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frenchy1986

Programmer
Jun 23, 2008
GB
I have recently installed an IP Office on site. They are using a peice of hotel management software called Roommaster 2000. In order to interface the two systems to enable charging of calls to rooms the software requires a fixed field length SMDR output, however the IP office only seems to offer a CSV based format. Can this be achieved? Any ideas would be appreciated

What version of IP Office is it. You may be able to do something with the CDR if it is in the 4.x range.

Kevin Wing
ACS- Implement IP Office
ACA- Implement IP Office
Carousel Industries

They had an index before so really i need to replicate the output format of the index system. But they are on 4.2.11 so i'm looking into the CDR now.
thanks for the reply

Post here how you get on Frenchy, we have a potential customer with a similiar issue but with MICROS-Fidelio software !! Thanks :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

does it send the information via IP?
If so then you might want to change it to CDR info and chose from the dropdown list a different format that suits your application better.

this shows different settings and explains a bit what they do

Joe W.

FHandw., ACS

If you can't be good, be good at it!

Thanks Jamie will have a look at that, may be just what we need to seal the deal :)

ACS - IP Office Implement

"I'm just off to Hartlepool to buy some exploding trousers

I am trying to do the same with "Hotel Executive" however this will only read from Serial port. Any ideas???

The SoHo software does the job very well but your Roommaster 2000 needs to support FIAS 2.0 it is not based on SMDR or CDR.
AND SoHo is extreme expensive

Tried to use the CDR to get IP500 to talk to RoomMaster2000. Which it does, but RoomMaster can't translate the information sent by the IP500 either via Delta Server or via IP. We have been recommended a third party piece of middleware to translate the SMDR info outputted by the IP500 to something the RoomMaster can understand. I think the customer may have to bite the bullet and purchase this middleware.

Thanks for your help guys!!

:)

Do you have a example of the format this software is expecting and how must it be send to the software?
Serial port? IP address/port? file?
I can make a little piece of software for that, just for the fun of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back