Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Server Edition - Deploying Screensaver 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

chavz7796

Technical User
Apr 29, 2013
US
Hello Guys,

I am having issues deploying an screensaver from an IP Office Server Edition. I've done it successfully from IP Office 500 v2. Is it a different process on Server Edition?
This is what I've done.
1. Modified the 46XXsettings file with the file name for the logo and placed it in the Primary folder.
2. Modified the picture size to 160 x 70. Also placed the file in the primary folder.

Also, on a separate note.

Is there a way to deploy the screensaver on IP Office V2 without having to craft the phone?

Thanks for the help!!

In response to your "separate note"
What do you mean by craft the phone?
Do you mean reset values?

Change without rebooting - No. Currently they only get files when booting.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The only way the image is uploaded is when the I craft the phone and reset the values.

Thanks

IIRC if you just change the file but keep the same name then changes are ignored as it thinks it already has that file saved in flash, if you rename the file and the entry in 46xxsettings then it takes it :)

Watch the phone boot and have a look if it is even trying to load the screensaver (something like
But in general: No, it works the same way for 500v2 and SE

ptc.png

- ACSS

IPC - Very convenient tool for IPO admins

IPO Call Logger - Customizable Call Logging Utility

Thanks amriddle01. That did it!! Easy enough!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back