Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Reset??

Status
Not open for further replies.

visko

Technical User
Apr 2, 2003
HR
My IP Office was restrated alone 2 or 3 times on Day. Can you tell me what I can do????

You need to run monitor to try & find what is causing the reset posible causes include:-

Reboot request from admin.
Virus activity on the network (blaster & Welchia)
power supply problems

it may also be worth also watching the ouput from the DTE port.

I had on My PC two Trojans but I wasn´t in network. How Virus can restart IP Office? This is situation in more one company so maybe that is same problem. Where I can see that??

Does the IPO still reboot when the network is disconnected? Does the IPO still reboot when the ISDN is disconnected?
Does the IPO reboot on a default cfg (a corrutp config can cause reboots)?

Ideally, as IPGuru states above, a Monitor Trace needs to be run. This will provide information as to the cause of the reboot(s).

Visko:

Tell me a little about your configuration. What level of software are you running? What modules are you using (ie DCP 16 etc.) What phones are connected and how many on each module. There were issues in the earlier firmware that if you had more than 10 4424D sets on a DCP30 it would cause a reboot.

[pc2]
fonedoc

Every reboots doesn`t changed configuration. Reboot was 3 or 4 times on day.Until that reboot everythings is fine so I dont know where is problem.

Yes Virus's & trojans can cause the system to reboot by flooding the router with invalid packets (whyle trying to identify other systems to infect)
the recent Welchia Virus is a clasic example of this & is still causing one of our customers major problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back