Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Remote Users and VPN Setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPOfficeGuru

IS-IT--Management
Apr 21, 2003
US
Does anyone know if the Security Gateway SG203 and the VPNrRemote Phone 46xx will work behind the IP Office? Apparently, Communications Manager R3 has resolved the need for a VPN router at the telecommuter endpoint and written code for the 46xx series H.323 phones to establish a VPN with the SG203 sans a separate VPN router.

Nice, i'll try this as soon as Avaya sends me the VPNremote firmware :/

Looks like we are on the right path here. I hope this works with IP Office? What bout using it with 56XX IP Phones?

Does anyone know what an SG203 costs? I am assuming if the VPN are standard IKE/IPSEC we can use any VPN Concentratot thats compatible.

I believe Cisco has a similar option, where the phone itself is a VPN Client.

Isaac Braca
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.
Email: braca@iccsllc.com

ICCS, Your Premier IT Partner, is a NYC Based Avaya Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

FYI, I just tried this out. Works brilliantly! Both with Avaya Communication Manager and with IP Office. This is so nice and practical :D Gonna see if it works with other IPSec VPN firewalls.

And no, Cisco does not have anything like this.

Hi GDVillarreal,

Can you explain what exactly you tried with an IP Office.

Were you able to setup a 56XX phone to connect using an embedded IP Sec VPN Client? And what did you get it to conect to, an IP Office, or did you have to use an SG203?

You help would be greattly appreciated.

FYI, I have been using Linksys VPN BEFSX41 Routers (Cost of around $60) in the remote locations connecting to Sonicwall, Cisco and GnatBox Firewalls in the home locations where the IP Office resides and IP Phones work brilliantly.

But getting rid of one extra piece of hardware would be ideal for thos who trable with IP Hard Phones.

Isaac Braca
CTO / ICCS & Co., LLC.
Email: braca@iccsllc.com

ICCS, Your Premier IT Partner, is a NYC Based Avaya Business Partner and IT Consulting Firm.

Superikey:

I have tried to setup a VPN between the linksys and Sonicwall with no success. I am interested to know how you were able to accomplish this.

Thanks a bunch

Bobby

Is this already released and is it supported with the IP-Office.

Greets Peter

I have a Openswan based vpn router here at my home connecting to a Sonicwall firewall vpn. I'm trying to use a 5610sw ip phone to connect to ip office 412. My pc connects no problem to the network. But the phone just keeps trying to Discover the ip address of the ip office. If I reboot it and watch it go through the update procedure, it fails and the tftp fails as well. Any ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back