Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office rebooting 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

teletechman

Technical User
Aug 27, 2008
US
I have a IP500V1 8.1.69 that is rebooting on a regular basis, I have run the monitor and see this just before the reboot.
16857659mS PRN: OSBuffer::Free freed twice f606fb28 0 0xaaaa Free caller (f0270718 f0a9bfc4)

********** contact lost with 10.1.4.1 at 15:57:41 29/7/2015 - reselect = 1 **********
Anyone seen this before, my office is thinking power supply but I want to double check issues before replacing parts.
Mike

The 500V1 units had power supply issues. Your best bet is to replace the whole cabinet since I don't think the PSUs were ever sold separately. Probably better off upgrading it to a V2.

I vaguely recall having a ton of reboot issues on or near that specific release. I would recommend upgrading the firmware before swapping the control unit. If the firmware does not help then the control unit would be the next step.

I have had two V1 power supplies failures in the 2 last months. Installing a refurbished unit will only land you in a similar position (good luck finding one anyway). Upgrading them to a V2 is the way to go. Just ensure that you look at their licensing before you upgrade them. You can screw up certain applications like like CCC which would need a costly upgrade when you move past R5. See end of sale notification Remember that you will need an essential edition license if you move up to 8.0 or higher also. Also, Phone Manger Pro doesn't work on R9 or higher. See

no no upgrade on the v1 platform, replace unit with a new v2 and yes this most likely is caused by a power supply issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back