Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Rebooting on Incoming Call 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ben694

Vendor
Jul 17, 2014
US
Hey guys,

I'm having a really strange issue with a customer. Whenever they get an incoming call, the receptionist will answer it, and then hit the transfer button. When she starts to dial the extension to transfer to, the IP Office crashes and takes about 2-3 minutes to reboot, and the call is lost. It only does this when transferring an outside call, and does it no matter which phone they actually answer the call on.

I made two recent additions to their system that may have something to do with it. I set up voicemail-to-email, and I replaced a 1408 digital phone with a 9641G. How I did this was I renumbered the user's extension to a new one (so they could still use that port), and then created a new user/h323 extension with his old extension. This is when the issue started, so I deleted his extension/user, and the issue went away. Figuring this was something weird, I just assigned him a new extension number, then created a user with his old extension and set a call forward unconditional to his new extension. I did a test call, and successfully transferred the call without the system dying.

I thought all was well and dandy until I got a call from the owner saying it started again. Any ideas what it could possibly be?

Not sure how the programming changes would have caused that issue maybe just coincident. But I have had similar issues that were caused by the system not being grounded properly.

Pretty hard to guess.
Need to know more about the system, like version, etc.

Do you have a monitor trace of this happening?

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Unfortunately I don't have a monitor trace, I'm working on this system remotely (although I made these changes while on site yesterday). Version is 9.0.300.941, essentials edition.

I gave you a star for searching, finding and probably solving the problem.
These steps are rarely taken these days by most people.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Have a star from me as well.
You are probably right about this being Line appearance issue.
Remove them, they cause nothing but trouble.

Kind regards

Gunnar

2cnvimggcac8ua2fg.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back