Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R9 - Comcast PRI DTMF Issues 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

maxse

Technical User
Dec 2, 2011
US
The customer is complaining about DTMF not forwarding to various AA/IVR systems across the PSTN. We tried adjusting the Auto Gain Control setting and also verified they are using the handset when making calls.

Comcast came in and connected a TBIRD to the PRI to show the customer it's the Avaya system thats the "problem".

The "problem" is that they are hauling this as a SIP line and converting to PRI @ the AdTran provided by Comcast. [hammer]

What are some things we can change to correct this issue? Thanks!

I am curious if this is happening locally or anything outbound? We have this same issue, but it comes and goes, and not with comcast.

I had the same issue for 2 different customers. After I upgraded to the latest R9 the problem went away.

I ran into a similar issue in the past with a different carrier, but using an Adtran router. Inbound DTMF worked, outbound had issues to various systems. I ended up resolving it by changing the TX gain on the PRI channels. I had to try a few settings, but IIRC changing the TX gain on each PRI channel to -1 or -2db took care of it.

Thanks guys! We just upgraded to the latest 9.0.10 from 9.0.0. I will keep you posted throughout the day. Inbound DTMF is just fine.

Completed the upgrade to the latest version of 9.0 - rebooted the system and everything seems fine. For now at least...

The "problem" is that they are hauling this as a SIP line and converting to PRI @ the AdTran provided by Comcast.

Ditch the AdTran & move to native SIP on the IPO
at least then you have a fighting chance

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back