Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R8.1 security reset 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

94astro

Programmer
Jul 21, 2013
US
Hello Pros,

We have a refurbished 8.1 unit in our shop that I am preparing to install at a client. I stupidly went in and did a factory reset through Manager, not realizing that it wipes out more than I thought. Fortunately, I have a backup and the license files.

I can't get into the unit with the default Admin account. I also can't get in with the default security account credentials. This unit was originally installed by me, and it had unique passwords for both of those accounts, I've tried those passwords as well, with no luck.

I'm at the point where I think I need to reset the security settings with a serial cable. I did this once before using hyper terminal on an older Windows 7 or XP laptop which I no longer have. We only have Windows 10 machines now and the Hyper terminal that I downloaded doesn't look like it supports serial connections. Do I need an older Windows OS to run hyper terminal and reset the settings?

Thanks Tommy! I had to order another serial cable, couldn't find the drivers for my old one. Putty worked perfectly, thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back