Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office R8.0 Sales Toolkit 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Partner / Norstar edition now can be managed with Web while bigger brother is not ?

Indead but why webbased?
Then you will get the issue that a browser is not supported (yet) or other stuff.

I prefer using Manager all the time.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

They say web based to remove windows dependency

It would be nice to have web-base on the full versions, as there's a number of sites I've been to that run all Mac's, and are forced to run Windows under bootcamp (or have a netbook or something floating around) just to manage the IPO.

GB

Yes, it would be nice to use an Ipad to manage all my IPO's while I am on call .

Has anyone set up a SIP configuration using Level 3 as the SIP provider? I have set up the SIP trunks and can talk both ways, but when it tries to go to voice mail I get dead air. Any help would be greatly appreciated

etel, start your onw threat. You'll get more replies.

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

threat = thread :)

Avaya_Red.gif

Dain Bramaged (Avaya Search tool )

wow.. way to hijack a thread.

Perhaps you should start a new thread.

It is about time that Avaya did something about them SIP 1220 silly buttons at current rel 7 .
C110 VM module would be a nice sale if the price is right . Just wonder what is the max channels can it support with 12/32 gig combo . We're getting tired of supporting another extra PC/server where sometimes space in tiny broom closet is a killer decision in deployment :)

ok, back to this thread, I like all the new stuff.
I prefer manager and web browser both. One of my customers hate their web interface because everytime java updates they cant get into their cisco switches.

I think web based is a good move

No OS dependency.
No danger of not using/not having the correct manager
Less software on my laptop! (its getting quite full now)

The of course does rely on Avaya coding the Web interface in a way that meets the W3C specifications without ant proprietary functionality so that all browsers should work (although internet exploder will probably still break)

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

ans then there is the danger of a corrupt config when there goes something wrong!!!

BAZINGA!

another downside off a web interface is we would not automatically get a backup so we would need to remember to do that manually.

Computers are like Air conditioners:-
Both stop working when you open Windows

Web interface might make remote access easier, but you are still going to need manager for offline programming. I agree with madwok, the C110 VM will very nice if the price is right. I hope they will let us install some third party apps on it like Logmein and perhaps something like Chronicall.

Why?

Dial in and use the VMPro client to change it.
It will be running on the linux apps.

BAZINGA!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back