Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office r7 install on 5400 phones! 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saiyan656

Vendor
Mar 6, 2009
US
Hello out there,
I'm doing an install tomorrow of an IP office r7 and was wondering if I can use the companies 5400 phones on my combo card? I did not see a drop down box quick mode admin, user settings... Please help. Always installed Merlin's and partners, new to IPO. Thank you!

-Steve
VoiceNet Telecom

The 5400 will work fine but the 5410's have to be on firmware 6.
Add "ALLOW_5410_UPGRADES" in the NoUser source numbers and run the fwon/fwoff batch files found in the manager directory.

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

You cannot use the 5400 series phone if you are running the IP Office in Partner Mode.

Put the system in IP Office Mode and you will be fine. Be sure to make an extension-to-extension call while at R7, and then upgrade the system to the latest R8 (8.0.43). You are doing your customer a disservice running the IP office in partner mode.

There should be a separate forum for muppet mode IPO.....

If it ain't dutch it ain't much

Ok thanks! No it wont be in Partner mode. Dont I have to buy a additional license to be in Partner Mode (i currently have none)?

intrigrant can you be a little more detail on how to programing to firmware 6? I just dont want to go to job tomorrow and they have 5410. Sorry for being such a newbie. Thanks again.

Saiyan,

You say you are not in Partner Mode, but in your original post you said, "I did not see a drop down box quick mode admin, user settings... " implying you are in fact in partner mode.

What are your extension numbers? 10, 11, 12 and so on? Or 201, 202, 203 and so on?

You're right! How do I get out of Partner mode? ext10-17

Open Manager.

Go to FILE, then ADVANCED, and then MODE.

...nevermind. made it standard under flie and now its out of that quick mode and my extensions are now 201-208

Go to the user called NoUser
Go to the tab Source number
Add the ALLOW_5410_UPGRADES adn save it.
Now the 5410 phones are allowed to upgrade.

This little code was needed because there where (and still are) some phones that could not upgrade because then they broke down for ever.
So Avaya blocked auto upgrading for these phones and you are now saying that they can.

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Found this older post....have 5420's (release 6.0) and fired up a new ipoffice with r8.1 and the 5420's say "no license available". Any ideas?

You have to have essential license with 8.1 running 5420's. Otherwise, downgrade them

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back