Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office phones randomly going into Discover Mode

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aug 19, 2009
US
www.kittelsons.com
I have an IP Office re-deployment where the old client went out of business and the phones, switches, and IP Office have been moved to a new location. The phones are mostly 5610s with two 5621s and the IP Office is at 5.0 (18).

Different phones will randomly go into "Discover Mode" on the network. The network and gateways that I'm using aren't going down and are always up. The switches were in use before as well as the IP Office and shouldn't be the issue.

This is driving me nuts and my client isn't happy that phones are doing this.

This isn't happening to all 60 phones at the same time but to different phones seemingly at random and at different times of the day and on different days.

Does anyone have any questions or suggestions for me that might help me with this issue? I have tried switching the gateway on the phones to a different address. I have switched the cable and the port that the phone system is on. I am out of ideas to try!

That is what i thought, a network issue.
But good that you found the problem :)

BAZINGA!

I'm not insane, my mother had me tested!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back