Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Phone Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

MightyRed

Programmer
Jun 19, 2008
GB
I've been installing Phone Manager Pro 4.1(17) onto 7 machines on a site, all PC's are using Windows XP.

The first 6 PC's i installed PM on are working fine, i've even linked them with outlook.

The 7th PC, when i go through setup i choose all the options.
Eg. Custom, tick Phone Manager and TAPI. I also choose the user from the list and continue the installation.

It gets to the usual screen, the software has been installed successfully, please restart your PC to complete installation.

I do this and when the PC restarts, the Phone Manager software has not been installed on the PC. The only thing i can find in the Avaya/PhoneManager folder is a logging file.

Can anyone help??

Were you logged on as administrator? Does it say anything in the log file?

Sounds more like an issue with that PC to me. Same software, same system, same network just different PC.

ACS - IP Office Implement

I just came across this same problem yesterday. If you go in to the event viewer, under the apllications see if there is a error in there. I got error 1327 U:\ error. There is no Udrive on the machine locally.

I got this from avaya but have yet to try it, Im checking with the customers IT person first to see about this U Drive thing.

From Avaya, per Microsoft:

NOTE: This error message most frequently refers to drive U, but this may vary.
Back to the top
CAUSE
This behavior may occur if a registry key contains an incorrect value in a Data field.
Back to the top
RESOLUTION
To resolve this behavior, enter the correct value data for the registry key. To do this, follow these steps.

Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows

1. Click Start, and then click Run.
2. In the Open box, type regedit, and then click OK.
3. In Registry Editor, locate the following registry key:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
4. In the right pane, note the values in the Data field of each entry. If any value contains a drive that is not correct for your computer, right-click the entry, type c:\my documents in the Value data box, and then click OK.
5. Repeat step 4 for each entry whose Data value contains an incorrect drive.
6. Repeat steps 3 through 5 for each of the following registry keys:
• HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders
• HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders

7. Close Registry Editor.

I just did it an it worked. The problem is your My Documents folder is pointing to a network drive. I did this microsoft resolution but I als made a my documents folder locally and it installed fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back