Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office One X Portal 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cwhite432

IS-IT--Management
Jan 26, 2012
US
I have an IP Office system running 11.0. Due to Covid I had to quickly setup a One X Portal server. I put it on a Windows box just to get it up and running. I am now moving it to a VM running the applications server. After moving over all of the components are "Available" and green. But when I try to log in with the iPhone One X Portal app I get the error "Could not connect to server - Failed to retrieve XMPP account info from xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx. Operation forbidden or user not found." When I switch it back to the Windows box everything works as expected. I've rebooted IP Office as well as the applications server but still get the error. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance

Your xmpp programming on the VM is likely missing or incorrect.

XMPP Domain Name
This sets the DNS domain name used for IM/presence functions:

•The XMPP domain name should be a domain name that the DNS can resolve. You can set the XMPP domain name at any point in time. The domain name must be reachable from the internet if you wish to use presence outside of your LAN, for example with one-X Mobile.

•Avaya recommends that you use a split DNS so that the server name outside of your LAN is resolved into the public IP address of the NAT or firewall whilst inside your network it is resolved into the private IP address of the server on the LAN.

•If you cannot set a resolvable DNS domain name, you can use the IP address of the one-X Portal for IP Office server for internal only IM/presence. In this case the one-X Portal for IP Office cannot federate with remote servers.

•You must use the server's Web Control menus to configure their network settings so that the auto-configuration email link uses the FQDN instead of the IP address of the server. In Web Control, navigate to Settings > System > Host Name to change the network settings. If you change the domain name any other way, the email links might not work properly.

It was the XMPP domain. Corrected that and it's working now. Thank you for the help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back