Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office MOH while in a transfer

Status
Not open for further replies.

gsxr1000

Vendor
Aug 4, 2003
US
I have 3 sites with SCN and they want to have the callers hear moh while the call is in a transfering state. I had announcements turned on which worked great until I brought the other 2 sites up via scn. Now the calls aren't returning via transfer return timer when transfered acrossed the scn. If I use park to an extention...I'm not sure if that will even work right across the scn.
I can't even think of a work around to make this happen...

all three sites are 7.0.5 each with their own Ebedded vm.

Parking does not work across SCN's (unless you setup shortcodes across the ip lines to park them)
Are the systems loading their hold music properly?

-Austin
ACE: Implement IP Office

all 3 sites are using an external moh.
What if they had a vm pro for a centralized vm? Would announcements then work correctly with the transfer return timer accross the scn?

Are you relying on moh from transferring site or each site independently? For xfr recall how is your routin set up? Ie how does call start off

All calls to come in to site A answered by a receptionist then transferred to a person at either site A,B, or C then ring that phone for 2 minutes (while the caller hears external music source) then come back to the receptionist after the 2 minutes. Then the receptionist can chose to manually send to vm if the caller wants to leave a message.

I accomplished fine using announcements on every extn in site A. then they added sites B&C then I found that the transfer return timer doesn't work with announcements on and the call is transferred across the scn. It doesn't return at all it follows the vm answer timer.

They had this setup with their old phone system using a camp on feature and the ipo doesn't have a camp feature.

All 3 sites have the same on hold music playing, of course loaded into 3 separate external moh sources.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back