Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office manager with Communicator 6.2 issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

ppons

Systems Engineer
Jun 22, 2023
US
Hi All,

I have kind of taken over management of a somewhat neglected phone system thats avaya R11.0.4.1.0 so a fair bit out of date right now.

I am currently running into an issue with users wanting to use a softphone and I believe Communicator is the go to option here and it should work with just IPO, there is no 1X portal instance here.

I havent been able to find much in terms of documentation on what is all needed to enable softphones to work with IPO.

IPO Settings
The user I am testing with has the power user license and has the check boxes needed I believe. See the image.
2023-06-22_16_34_29_and_6_more_pages_-_Work_-_Microsoft_Edge_arelq3.png

Both SIP Trunks Enable and SIP Registrar Enable are checked.
One thing I found noted that The "Enable Softphone HTTP Provisioning" should be enabled but that didnt help.

Communicator App Settings
I have the communicator setup with the Extension and user password in the config settings and its setup using TCP. The ports match what show in the LAN1 VOIP config (default ports).
I am pointing the communicator to the IP thats in the LAN1 Settings as well.
I have the Telephony set to SIP
Domain is blank since all of that info is blank in the IPO
I will note that if I uncheck the "Use Avaya one-x client enablement services account" it will say that there is an invalid param or something here is a screenshot.
2023-06-22_16_41_21-_and_6_more_pages_-_Work_-_Microsoft_Edge_mvx2yv.png

Let me know if there is anymore info I can provide. Hoping you all can help come up with a solution as I havent been able to find anything online myself.
Thanks!

Quick update:

I have the communicator actually talking to the server now. I unchecked the both of the one-x portal check boxes and that seems to allow the connection to be attempted without having the enablement checkbox within the app checked. I also added the LAN1 IP into the domain field.

It just sits there spinning right now. But its progress. I see it talking with the server via the system monitor. But im not sure how to get more detail from the sys monitor.

Well nevermind. Issue is partially resolved. I ran the application as admin and its now connecting. So I wll need to see how to get around that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back