Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP Office Manager V 10 make only certain extension ring on incoming line

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazygordon

Technical User
Oct 28, 2018
US
I have a IP Office Manager 10 and I need to make lines 1-5 ring at the receptionist and line 6 for me. I have tried incoming call route and set each line to ring at the appropriate receptionist destination but it still rings all phones. I am end user not a professional so I was wondering what is the easist way to have lines 1-5 ring at the receptionist and line 6 ring at my table? Thank you in advance.

Set the Incoming Group for Line 1 through 5 to the same value, such as 0
Set the Incoming Group for Line 6 to a different value, such as 1
Set the Incoming Call Route for Line Group 0 to the Receptionist
Set the Incoming Call Route for Line Group 1 to yourself

Currently I have incoming call route setup to forward to call hunt group that rings 3 phones, but it still rings all phones. I also setup when was suggested and all phones still rings. Is there a "hidden" hunting group I can't see? I checked my hunting group already and it's very simple but I can't find where the setup where all phone rings. Is there a rule that I must delete so all phones don't ring? Thank you in advance for assistance.

Check to see if you have line appearance buttons on all phones set to immediate ring.

Aks the obvious - what group type is the group set to?

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

How do I check for immediate ring and the group type?

Thank you.

Whilst at it, check whether this is a Basic Edition system.

The answer to both you questions are within just browsing around the configuration. Failing that press F1 and read the help.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back