Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IP office Hunt Group to DDI

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnboy03

Technical User
Oct 6, 2010
GB
Anyone know how to make a Hunt Group overflow to an external DDI?

really? - as a trained IPO engineer you have to ask this sort of question in a professional forum?

please go and RTFM.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Really can you not read, (TechnicalUser). Pretty sure that does not say IPO engineer.

so you then need to ask your Business Partner to make the changes for you, as this isnt really a forum for end users.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

Seeing as my job is to support 15 CM installations around our group, I think that means I am not a end user. We just happen to have 1 B5800, which I am struggling with, so thought maybe this being a Technical forum for sharing technical knowledge, that maybe someone might be able to help me out!

Well its worth noting that we get a lot of end users here trying to get "free" support - so hence once reluctance with failry basic questions with no introduction and real information about your system etc.

so (depending on IPO Version)

1) great a "dummy" user and call it FowardDDI and give it an extn number. turn off VM, and add your DDI into the number field in the Forwarding TAB and turn on unconditional forwarding - and forward HG Calls

2) Create a new HG - call it say FowardGrp
turn off VM and set it a sequential ring group and add your newly created FowardDDI member.

3) on the group you want to overflow, add FowardGrp into the overflow and set the timer.

Test.

Done.

ACSS - SME
General Geek

CallUsOn.png

1832163.png

I generally agree with HSM - but in this case checking your profile suggest that you aren't a seagull poster...

So what you need to do
1) create a virtual user with a FWD ALL to destination **nd** forward huntgroup calls ticked
2) Create a new huntgroup (vm off, and ** circular hunt **) and add extn created in 1 to group
3) Add new hunt group in 2 to exsiting huntgroup overflow list, tweak timers to suit
4) Test

Intermediate step testing is good
1) Dial new extension and check that it forwa\rds call ok - if it doesn't at this stage, it wonj't later on
2) DIAL Overflow huntgroup and check cqll forwards

done - coffee time

Take Care

Matt
I have always wished that my computer would be as easy to use as my telephone.
My wish has come true. I no longer know how to use my telephone.

Sorry - got interrupted while typing
Damned work getting in theway

Echo HSM's comments about the freeloaders. The IPO is seen as "easy to administer" and often handed over to people with no skills to support when the support contract is seen as a luxury...
This forum then gets hammered with people who have no skills or knowledge demmanding help for serious system changes aadn really simple stuff that is covered in the docs. People expect this kind of support like it is their right - it isnt. Many people in this forum (in particular, but in others too) make their living at this, involving investment and time and see stufft hat shoudl be handled by a professional as taking potential earnings from them collectively.

Take Care

Matt

Many thanks Guys, that is the way I was heading with this, I take it you cannot create a dummy extension without using up a license as you can on CM? It seems there are no spare licenses available to create a H323 extension. When I add the DDI to the fowarding destination, I get no match found for the specified alias???

I take it you cannot create a dummy extension without using up a license as you can on CM

You don't actually need a physical extension

This is akin to a X port on a CM. delete your exsiting user and recreate, but when you are asked if you want to create a new extension select no.

Extensions and Users and linked by number, but you can have a user without a hardware (or IP) extension.

Take Care

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back